- former name of Banjul.
- a town in E New South Wales, in SE Australia.
- a port on the Gulf of St. Lawrence in NE New Brunswick, in SE Canada: summer resort.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for bathurst
One of these cases resulted in the famous Bathurst Inlet patrol.Policing the Plains
Harry looked at Dr. Bathurst to intimate it was time to be gone.The Pigeon Pie
Charlotte M. Yonge
“Mrs Bathurst told me so, and not a quarter of an hour ago,” replied the woman.Valerie
I had forgotten it all again by the time we were ready for our journey to Bathurst.Miss Grantley's Girls
May I ask if Mr. Bathurst is really now in W——, and when he arrived?The Diamond Coterie
Lawrence L. Lynch
- a town in SE Australia, in E New South Wales: scene of a gold rush in 1851. Pop: 27 036 (2001)
- a port in E Canada, in NE New Brunswick: rich mineral resources. Pop: 16 427 (2001)
- the former name (until 1973) of Banjul
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012