- Catharine Esther,1800–78, U.S. educator: advocated educational rights for women.
- Edward,1803–95, U.S. clergyman, educator, and abolitionist.
- Henry Ward,1813–87, U.S. preacher and writer.
- Lyman,1775–1863, U.S. preacher and theologian (father of Catharine Esther Beecher, Edward Beecher, Harriet Beecher Stowe, and Henry Ward Beecher).
Examples from the Web for beecher
Historical Examples of beecher
Mayhap he said to himself, 'Beecher's the downiest cove going.
Beecher turned away, with a stiff salutation, into the garden.
And Beecher took the epistle from his pocket and ran his eye over it.
"You must go over to England at once, Beecher," said she, calmly.
"There comes a boat up to the landing-place," cried Beecher, suddenly.
- Henry Ward . 1813–87, US clergyman: a leader in the movement for the abolition of slavery