- of or relating to St. Bernard of Clairvaux.
- of or relating to the Cistercians.
- a Cistercian.
- Also Ber·na·dine [bur-nuh-deen] /ˈbɜr nəˌdin/. a female given name.
Examples from the Web for bernardine
Historical Examples of bernardine
"The beautiful, pitiless stranger," sobbed Bernardine, catching her breath.
With slow steps Bernardine had re-entered her apartments again.
Jay's joy at beholding Bernardine was so great they almost feared for his life.
"I should be thankful to take anything that offers itself," said Bernardine.
The footsteps that Bernardine remembered so well came nearer.
- a monk of one of the reformed and stricter branches of the Cistercian order
- of or relating to this branch of the Cistercians
- of or relating to Saint Bernard of Clairvaux