- able to speak two languages with the facility of a native speaker.
- spoken, written, or containing similar information in two different languages: a bilingual dictionary; Public notices at the embassy are bilingual.
- of, involving, or using two languages: a bilingual community; bilingual schools.
- a bilingual person.
Origin of bilingual
Examples from the Web for bi-lingual
Historical Examples of bi-lingual
“Bi-lingual,” said the constable, with an air of importance.
They were bi-lingual, being in English and in coast Arabic, in which dialect Bones was something of a master.The Keepers of the King's Peace
The Navaho portions of later pamphlets in this bi-lingual series are the joint work of Harrington and Young.
These bi-lingual texts are an attempt to speed up Indian understanding of modern life.
In bi-lingual districts children's answers would have a special value.Literary Tours in The Highlands and Islands of Scotland
Daniel Turner Holmes
- able to speak two languages, esp with fluency
- written or expressed in two languages
- a bilingual person