- a period or bout, usually brief, of excessive indulgence, as in eating, drinking alcoholic beverages, etc.; spree.
- to have a binge: to binge on junk food.
Origin of binge
Synonyms for binge
Examples from the Web for binger
Historical Examples of binger
The French explorer, Binger, in 1887 sought in vain for them.Beacon Lights of History, Volume XIV
Binger states that the manati was the totem of the Mande group, to which perhaps belonged originally the Susu and the Dyula.
- a bout of excessive eating or drinking
- excessive indulgence in anythinga shopping binge
- to indulge in a binge (esp of eating or drinking)
Word Origin for binge
1854, "drinking bout," also (v.) "drink heavily, soak up alcohol;" dialectal use of binge "soak" (a wooden vessel). Noted originally as a Northampton dialect word. Sense extended c. World War I to include eating as well as drinking. Related: Binged; binging.
see go on, def. 9.