- pertaining to biology.
- of or relating to the products and operations of applied biology: a biological test.
- Pharmacology. any substance, as a serum or vaccine, derived from animal products or other biological sources and used to treat or prevent disease.
Origin of biological
Related Words for biologiccure-all, fix, drug, redress, therapy, treatment, antidote, medicine, panacea, pill, relief, countermeasure, pharmaceutical, medication, antibiotic, remedy, cure, prescription, sedative, opiate
Examples from the Web for biologic
Contemporary Examples of biologic
“Nobody has raised anything specific about biologic weapons in Syria, certainly not in any official context here,” he added.Western Intelligence Suspects Assad Has a Secret Chemical Stockpile
Noah Shachtman, Christopher Dickey
May 1, 2014
But these chemicals really are more like examples of biologic warfare, not chemical warfare.Sarin, Nitrogen Mustard, Cyanide & More: All About Chemical Weapons
August 26, 2013
Historical Examples of biologic
You treat her as if she were a rabbit dedicated to the use of a biologic laboratory.The Tyranny of the Dark
It is not merely editors and crowned heads who have a biologic right to say "We."Preventable Diseases
It has been said that the supply of labor is fixed by biologic laws.The Principles of Economics
Frank A. Fetter
The doctrine, therefore, has its scope limited only by biologic data.
This condition is further increased by the operation of two biologic principles.
- of or relating to biology
- (of a detergent) containing enzymes said to be capable of removing stains of organic origin from items to be washed
- (usually plural) a drug, such as a vaccine, that is derived from a living organism
- A preparation, such as a drug, a vaccine, or an antitoxin, that is synthesized from living organisms or their products and used as a diagnostic, preventive, or therapeutic agent.
- Of, relating to, caused by, or affecting life or living organisms.
- Having to do with biology.
- Related by blood, as in a child's biological parents.