- disintegration of organic matter through the biochemical action of living organisms, as bacteria.
Origin of biolysis
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the death and dissolution of a living organism
- the disintegration of organic matter by the action of bacteria etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Death of a living organism or tissue caused or accompanied by lysis.
- The decomposition of organic material by living organisms, such as microorganisms.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.