- nonsense; rubbish: What they say is blah.
- the blahs, a feeling of physical uneasiness, general discomfort, or mild depression; malaise: After the long weekend many workers had the Monday-morning blahs.
- insipid; dull; uninteresting.
Origin of blah
SynonymsSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Examples from the Web for blahs
Beat the Blahs What causes this wintertime down-in-the-dumps attitude?9 Ways to Cope With Seasonal Affective Disorder
December 5, 2014
Soaring obesity rates are causing pets terrible problems, says Bisher: heart disease, diabetes, the blahs.Personal Trainers for Fat Pets
September 24, 2010
- worthless or silly talk; claptrap
- uninteresting; insipid
- (intr) to talk nonsense or boringly
Word Origin and History for blahs
"idle, meaningless talk," 1918, probably echoic; the adjective meaning "bland, dull" is from 1919, perhaps influenced by French blasé "bored, indifferent." The blahs "depression" is attested by 1966.