- expensive and flashy jewelry, clothing, or other possessions.
- the flaunting of such possessions or the flashy lifestyle associated with it.
- flashy; ostentatious.
- to flaunt one's material wealth; live a flashy lifestyle.
- to dress or adorn in a flashy way: Bling up your wardrobe!
Origin of bling
Examples from the Web for bling-bling
Historical Examples of bling-bling
Bling-bling the bell began ringing and—listen—the door of the clock opened and the hat ashes shovel fell out.Rootabaga Stories
- slang flashy; ostentatious; glitzy
- ostentatious jewellery
Word Origin for bling-bling
Word Origin and History for bling-bling
also bling-bling, by 1997, U.S. rap slang, "wealth, expensive accessories," a sound suggestive of the glitter of jewels and precious metals (cf. German blinken "to gleam, sparkle").