- a ribbon or other marker placed between the pages of a book to mark a place.
- a bookplate.
- Digital Technology.
- Also called favorite.a link to a website address saved electronically in a browser to facilitate quick access to the web page.
- an electronic pointer created in a computer file to facilitate quick access to a specific part of the text.
- Digital Technology. to create a bookmark for: I bookmarked ten of my favorite blogs.
Origin of bookmark
Related Words for bookmarkflap, clip, stop, flag, tag, slip, strip, logo, holder, loop, bookmark, sticker, marker
Examples from the Web for bookmark
Contemporary Examples of bookmark
Bookmark this page as our political reporters watch the returns from Illinois—and react in real time on Twitter.
Bookmark this page as our political reporters watch the returns from Alabama and Mississippi—and react in real time on Twitter.
Bookmark this page as our political reporters watch the Super Tuesday returns—and react in real time on Twitter.Super Tuesday: Daily Beast Political Reporters Tweet
March 7, 2012
Too disturbing to read all of a piece, better to bookmark one at a time.Hot Books for the New Kindle
February 11, 2009
Historical Examples of bookmark
Later on Felicity told me she had worked the bookmark for him because his father used to drink before he ran away.The Golden Road
Lucy Maud Montgomery
And, and,” Lucile whispered the words, “was there a bookmark in the upper corner of the inside of the front cover?The Secret Mark
Roy J. Snell
It was the 'Æneid,' and I began at your bookmark and tried to stagger through a page, but it floored me.A Hoosier Chronicle
Anne read the note, kissed the bookmark, and dispatched a prompt reply back to the other side of the school.Anne Of Green Gables
Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Also called: bookmarker a strip or band of some material, such as leather or ribbon, put between the pages of a book to mark a place
- an address for a website stored on a computer so that the user can easily return to the site
- an identifier placed in a document so that part of the document can be accessed easily
- (tr) computing
- to identify and store (a website) so that one can return to it easily
- to place a bookmark in (a document)