- a sudden impulse, idea, etc.
- a fit of mental confusion or excitement.
- of or relating to brainstorming.
- to conduct or practice brainstorming.
- to subject (a problem) to brainstorming.
Origin of brainstorm
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a severe outburst of excitement, often as the result of a transitory disturbance of cerebral activity
- British informal a sudden mental aberration
- informal another word for brainwave
Word Origin and History for brainstormer
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper