verb (used with object)
Words nearby bread
Idioms for bread
- to eat a meal, especially in companionable association with others.
- to distribute or participate in Communion.
Origin of bread
OTHER WORDS FROM breadbread·less, adjectivebread·less·ness, nounun·bread·ed, adjective
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH breadbread bred
Example sentences from the Web for breading
The process of breading and frying is accomplished in this way.
A Man of humble birth and no breading, who held a high political office, was passing through a forest, when he met a Monkey.Fantastic Fables|Ambrose Bierce
Must you prepare meat for breading half an hour before cooking, or when?Prudence of the Parsonage|Ethel Hueston
British Dictionary definitions for breading
Word Origin for bread
Idioms and Phrases with breading
In addition to the idioms beginning with bread
- bread and butter
- break bread
- greatest thing since sliced bread
- know which side of bread is buttered
- take the bread out of someone's mouth