- AnneActon Bell, 1820–49, English novelist.
- her sisterCharlotteCurrer Bell, 1816–55, English novelist.
- her sisterEmily JaneEllis Bell, 1818–48, English novelist.
Examples from the Web for bronte
Historical Examples of bronte
They gave him the dukedom and domain of Bronte, worth about L3000 a year.The Life of Horatio Lord Nelson
And I can play better even than the men from Bronte on the ceramella.The Call of the Blood
Robert Smythe Hichens
Bronte was the forge of Cyclops, on which he forged the thunder of Jove.The Every Day Book of History and Chronology
The day after the fugitive had arrived, the force left Bronte.Out with Garibaldi
G. A. Henty
There are moods when the savage strength of the Bronte sisters is companionable to me.Idle Ideas in 1905
Jerome K. Jerome
- Anne, pen name Acton Bell . 1820–49, English novelist; author of The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (1847)
- her sister, Charlotte, pen name Currer Bell . 1816–55, English novelist, author of Jane Eyre (1847), Villette (1853), and The Professor (1857)
- her sister, Emily (Jane), pen name Ellis Bell . 1818–48, English novelist and poet; author of Wuthering Heights (1847)