- the second letter of the English alphabet, a consonant.
- any spoken sound represented by the letter B or b, as in bid, bauble, or daubed.
- something having the shape of a B.
- a written or printed representation of the letter B or b.
- a device, as a printer's type, for reproducing the letter B or b.
Examples from the Web for bs
But they are probably more intellectually honest—more willing to call their own team for BS—than most political commentators.Wanted: Less Terrible Political Coverage on TV
November 19, 2014
“All that they do is hire salespeople, make up a BS story, and boom, they look like a distillery,” Leopold says.Your ‘Craft’ Rye Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana
July 28, 2014
Science shows the low-fat diet to be BS, and yet the American Heart Association keeps touting it as the ‘heart healthy’ choice.The Heart Association’s Junk Science Diet
Dr. Barbara H. Roberts
May 22, 2014
To which I replied, “What could be a better skill for a president than BS artist?”Is John Kasich The Most Formidable 2016 GOP Candidate You Don’t Know?
April 12, 2014
“And to her, in what is becoming a more equitable society, that seems like BS,” he told The Daily Beast.Japan’s Desperate Housewives Opting for Adulterous Online Dating
Angela Erika Kubo, Jake Adelstein
April 2, 2014
Ten of these squares are marked with numbers, the remaining two with "Bs."
In Bs portrait of himself a portrait of G. hangs on the wall, and in Gs.The Letters of a Post-Impressionist
Vincent Van Gogh
She placed one of her hands over As hand and the other under Bs hand.Hours with the Ghosts or, Nineteenth Century Witchcraft
Henry Ridgely Evans
The other people on the call clearly thought this was BS, which was a relief to Perry.Makers
Therefore, out of twelve which are both As and Cs, eleven are Bs.A System of Logic: Ratiocinative and Inductive
John Stuart Mill
- Bachelor of Surgery
- British Standard(s) (indicating the catalogue or publication number of the British Standards Institution)
- Bahamas (international car registration)
- bill of sale
- Bachelor of Science
Word Origin and History for bs
c.1900, slang abbreviation of bullshit (q.v.).
- The symbol for boron.
- The symbol for magnetic field.