- Northeastern U.S. the bufflehead.
- Informal. a chubby person.
- an individual serving of butter shaped into a small sphere.
Origin of butterball
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for butterballportly, flabby, chunky, pudgy, stout, plump, bulky, obese, inflated, bulging, hefty, large, big, heavy, meaty, gross, bull, solid, broad, lard
Examples from the Web for butterball
Historical Examples of butterball
It was black-and-white-spotted and fat as a butterball, she and the little Bococks bragged.Blue Ridge Country
- another name for bufflehead
- informal, derogatory a chubby or fat person
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012