- Pathology. resembling a cancer, as certain tumors.
- Zoology. resembling a crab.
- Pathology. a form of cancer of the skin.
Origin of cancroid
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for cancroid
On the cancroid growths caused by Gongylonema orientale n. sp.
On the cancroid growths caused by Gongylonema-orientale n. sp.
The earliest opinion appears to have been that canker, as the name indicates, was of a cancerous or cancroid nature.Diseases of the Horse's Foot
Harry Caulton Reeks
- resembling a cancerous growth
- resembling a crab
- a skin cancer, esp one of only moderate malignancy
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Of or relating to squamous cell carcinoma.
- Of or resembling a cancer.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.