- Pathology. resembling a cancer, as certain tumors.
- Zoology. resembling a crab.
- Pathology. a form of cancer of the skin.
Origin of cancroid
Related Words for cancroidcancer, outgrowth, swelling, polyp, lump, parasite, excrescence, mole, fungus, wen, thickening, cancroid
Examples from the Web for cancroid
Historical Examples of cancroid
On the cancroid growths caused by Gongylonema orientale n. sp.
On the cancroid growths caused by Gongylonema-orientale n. sp.
The earliest opinion appears to have been that canker, as the name indicates, was of a cancerous or cancroid nature.Diseases of the Horse's Foot
Harry Caulton Reeks
- resembling a cancerous growth
- resembling a crab
- a skin cancer, esp one of only moderate malignancy
- Of or relating to squamous cell carcinoma.
- Of or resembling a cancer.
- squamous cell carcinoma