- the eating of human flesh by another human being.
- the eating of the flesh of an animal by another animal of its own kind.
- the ceremonial eating of human flesh or parts of the human body for magical or religious purposes, as to acquire the power or skill of a person recently killed.
- the act of pecking flesh from a live fowl by a member of the same flock.
- the removal of parts, equipment, assets, or employees from one product, item, or business in order to use them in another.
- the acquisition and absorption of smaller companies by a large corporation or conglomerate.
Origin of cannibalism
Examples from the Web for cannibalistic
Contemporary Examples of cannibalistic
She was chatty and casual, and expressed her abstract concern that American democracy is on a cannibalistic downward slide.In Houston, an NRA Victory Lap
May 4, 2013
Historical Examples of cannibalistic
At the cannibalistic comparison, Schomberg muttered a faint, sickly "don't."Victory
Do not think them so cannibalistic as report has it, my dears.Polly's Business Venture
Lillian Elizabeth Roy
Larry said that he didnt know but it was cannibalistic to eat so many hearts.Betty Lee, Senior
Harriet Pyne Grove
There is first their cannibalistic propensity to be reckoned with.Spiders
Often they were cannibalistic, boiling their victims in huge clay kettles.Lost in the Wilds of Brazil
James H. Foster
- the act of eating human flesh or the flesh of one's own kind
- savage and inhuman cruelty