- the science of measuring the human head, used especially in plastic surgery and orthodontics.
Origin of cephalometry
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- measurement of the dimensions of the human head by radiography: used mainly in orthodontics
- measurement of the dimensions of the fetal head by radiography or ultrasound
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- The scientific measurement of the bones of the cranium and the face.
- A scientific study of the measurement of the head with relation to specific reference points to assess facial growth and development.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.