- polite and ceremonious speech.
- light conversation; chitchat.
- to speak politely and ceremoniously.
- to talk casually and lightly; chat.
- (used as a greeting or farewell.)
- (used as a toast, as in drinking to someone's health.)
Origin of chin-chin
Examples from the Web for chin-chin
Historical Examples of chin-chin
Well, we've got a few minutes left for a chin-chin before we lift her off.Spacehounds of IPC
Edward Elmer Smith
"Chin-chin heap plenty now," said he, with a grin, as Wilbur came up.
Which meant: “We are the Chin-chin Kobakama; the hour is late; sleep, honorable, noble darling!”
We've got to have a chin-chin with Hoang, if he don't get loose aboard there and fire the boat before we can get back.
Any one of the liquid waterproof black drawing inks (Chin-chin, Pelican, etc.).The Elements of Bacteriological Technique
John William Henry Eyre
- informal a greeting, farewell, or toast