- Australian. a hen.
- Slang. a woman.
- (used as a call for poultry or pigs.)
Origin of chook
Examples from the Web for chook
Historical Examples of chook
Achun well knows all this, and he has determined to have Chook Aloong displaced.The Truth about Opium
William H. Brereton
A softer, more musical rendition is given when the birds are well bunched and feeding, which came to my ear as "chook."Life Histories of North American Shore Birds, Part 1 (of 2)
Arthur Cleveland Bent
A great blackbird flew out with a loud “chook, chook,” and the red of the haw on his yellow bill.
A great blackbird flew out with a loud "chook, chook," and the red of the haw on his yellow bill.
- See jook
- Also called: chookie Australian informal a hen or chicken
- Australian informal a woman, esp a more mature one
- Australian a exclamation used to attract chickens
- he couldn't raffle a chook in a pub he is incapable of carrying out even the simplest of tasks