- an evergreen tree decorated at Christmas with ornaments and lights.
- a control board or panel containing a variety of colored lights for indicating the status of various functions, elements, components, etc.
- an elaborate arrangement of pipes, valves, etc., as for controlling the flow of oil or gas.
Origin of Christmas tree
Examples from the Web for christmas tree
Contemporary Examples of christmas tree
Mohamed Mohamud tried to blow up a Portland Christmas-tree lighting in 2010.Mohamed Mohamud Trial: Was He Tricked Into Terrorism?
April 23, 2012
Historical Examples of christmas tree
I had a new dress on the Christmas-tree, and a sugar basket.Little Prudy
Their Christmas-tree will be the royal palm; and nipa boughs their mistletoe.The Great White Tribe in Filipinia
Paul T. Gilbert
In the dining-room, which was panelled with black oak, was the Christmas-tree.
This is all that I remember about the Christmas-tree at the Hall.
The war kit of the men was somewhat of the Christmas-tree order.South Africa and the Transvaal War, Vol. 2 (of 6)
- an evergreen tree or an imitation of one, decorated as part of Christmas celebrations
- Also called: Christmas bush Australian any of various trees or shrubs flowering at Christmas and used for decoration
- another name for pohutukawa