- Physiology. to heal by inducing the formation of a cicatrix.
- to become healed by the formation of a cicatrix.
Also especially British, cic·a·trise.
Origin of cicatrize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (of a wound or defect in tissue) to close or be closed by scar formation; heal
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Causing or promoting cicatrization.
- To heal by forming scar tissue.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.