- Also called clamshell bucket . a dredging bucket opening at the bottom, consisting of two similar pieces hinged together at the top.
- a machine equipped with such a bucket.
BECOME A PRO CHEF WITH THIS EXQUISITE CUISINE QUIZ!
Words nearby clamshell
Example sentences from the Web for clamshell
He had no better implement with which to intrench himself in the land than a clamshell.Excursions and Poems|Henry David Thoreau
After a moment he mechanically spat on a clamshell and requested Davy to "sic" it.The Mystery of Choice|Robert William Chambers
And so Ab slid down the tree, clamshell in hand, and began laboring vigorously at the spot agreed upon.The Story of Ab|Stanley Waterloo
Maybe she struck the water and scaled along like a clamshell.The Rover Boys in the Air|Edward Stratemeyer
The co-pilot closed the clamshell doors, and it became possible to hear oneself think again.Space Platform|Murray Leinster
British Dictionary definitions for clamshell
- an aircraft cockpit canopy hinged at the front and rear
- the hinged door of a cargo aircraft
- another name for eyelid (def. 2)