- a county in W Republic of Ireland. 1231 sq. mi. (3190 sq. km). County seat: Ennis.
- a male or female given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for clare
But with the sun came a new confidence and both Clare and Nikki were sure they were the one.Juan Pablo Chooses the Girl He ‘Likes,’ Proposes They Go Get a Burger
March 11, 2014
Last week in Vietnam, Juan Pablo humiliated hair stylist Clare after a dip in the ocean turned into real-life sex.
Juan Pablo insisted that Clare look at him and “stop crying.”
After he made her promise that she would never cry because of him again, Clare realized “that Juan Pablo is worth staying for.”
Designer Clare Waight Keller debuted a collection for Chloé on Sunday that was inspired by desert sands.Chloé Spring/ Summer 2014: Modern Exoticism
September 29, 2013
A County Clare man boasted of his collection of Irish curiosities.
Mr. Morley would do well to apply this moral to the County Clare.
Nobody has been bagged as yet, but the Clare folks are still hoping.
Surely the honorable member held a commission in the Clare Fencibles.One Of Them
Charles James Lever
The gentleman's way's the better; early or late, Clare or Kerry, 'tis all one!The Wild Geese
Stanley John Weyman
- a county of W Republic of Ireland, in Munster between Galway Bay and the Shannon estuary. County town: Ennis. Pop: 103 277 (2002). Area: 3188 sq km (1231 sq miles)
- Anthony (Ward). 1942–2007, Irish psychiatrist and broadcaster; presenter of the radio series In the Psychiatrist's Chair from 1982
- John. 1793–1864, English poet, noted for his descriptions of country life, particularly in The Shepherd's Calendar (1827) and The Rural Muse (1835). He was confined in a lunatic asylum from 1837
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012