- (of cigars) of medium color and strength.
Origin of colorado
- a state in the W United States. 104,247 sq. mi. (270,000 sq. km). Capital: Denver. Abbreviation: CO (for use with zip code), Col., Colo.
- a river flowing SW from N Colorado through Utah and Arizona into the Gulf of California: Grand Canyon; Boulder Dam. 1450 miles (2335 km) long.
- a river flowing SE from W Texas to the Gulf of Mexico. 840 miles (1350 km) long.
- Rí·o [ree-oh; Spanish ree-aw] /ˈri oʊ; Spanish ˈri ɔ/, a river in central Argentina, flowing SE from the Andes to the Atlantic Ocean. 530 miles (853 km) long.
Examples from the Web for colorado
Even though clerks in Virginia, Colorado, Utah, and other states have been doing exactly that.The Back Alley, Low Blow-Ridden Fight to Stop Gay Marriage in Florida Is Finally Over
January 5, 2015
He headed west in 1860 for health reasons and to join the gold rush in Colorado.My Love Letter to the Stetson
December 24, 2014
Even in places as blue-leaning as Colorado, Latino support for pro-growth Republicans has been growing.Time to Bring Back the Truman Democrats
December 21, 2014
She now serves as an Associate Professor at Colorado State University and has authored several books on autism and animal science.The Most Inspiring Bits of Temple Grandin’s Reddit AMA
November 18, 2014
“He came out [to Colorado] and played in the primary,” Tancredo lamented.The ‘Stop Chris Christie’ Movement Begins. Good Luck With That.
November 8, 2014
It proved to be the Rio Virgen --a tributary to the Colorado.The Exploring Expedition to the Rocky Mountains, Oregon and California
Brevet Col. J.C. Fremont
"We are going out to my father's ranch in Colorado, at once," she explained.Questionable Shapes
William Dean Howells
He's just come from Colorado and he sails to-morrow for England.The Harbor
It was practically duplicated in the following year at Brodie, Colorado.The Age of Invention
Then they sent him to Colorado, where the boy Galusha joined him.Galusha the Magnificent
Joseph C. Lincoln
- a state of the central US: consists of the Great Plains in the east and the Rockies in the west; drained chiefly by the Colorado, Arkansas, South Platte, and Rio Grande Rivers. Capital: Denver. Pop: 4 550 688 (2003 est). Area: 269 998 sq km (104 247 sq miles)Abbreviation: Colo., (with zip code) CO
- a river in SW North America, rising in the Rocky Mountains and flowing southwest to the Gulf of California: famous for the 1600 km (1000 miles) of canyons along its course. Length: about 2320 km (1440 miles)
- a river in central Texas, flowing southeast to the Gulf of Mexico. Length: about 1450 km (900 miles)
- a river in central Argentina, flowing southeast to the Atlantic. Length: about 850 km (530 miles)
Word Origin and History for colorado
U.S. state (organized as a territory 1861, admitted as a state 1876), named for the river, Spanish Rio Colorado, from colorado "ruddy, reddish," literally "colored," past participle of colorar "to color, dye, paint," from Latin colorare (see coloration).