- a person who partakes or is entitled to partake of the Eucharist; a member of a church.
- a person who communicates.
- communicating; imparting.
Origin of communicant
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for communicantdevotee, votary, supplicant, adorer, churchgoer, communicant, congregant
- Christianity a person who receives Communion
- a person who communicates or informs
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012