- means of sending messages, orders, etc., including telephone, telegraph, radio, and television.
- routes and transportation for moving troops and supplies from a base to an area of operations.
- activity by one organism that changes or has the potential to change the behavior of other organisms.
- transfer of information from one cell or molecule to another, as by chemical or electrical signals.
Origin of communication
Examples from the Web for communicational
The communicational status refers to language as a medium for sharing knowledge.
In this experience, two aspects of language come under scrutiny: the epistemological and the communicational.
What defines them is the function, not the meaning they might conjure in a communicational context.
British Dictionary definitions for communicational
- (usually plural; sometimes functioning as singular) the study of ways in which human beings communicate, including speech, gesture, telecommunication systems, publishing and broadcasting media, etc
- (as modifier)communication theory