- of the nature of, conveying, or expressing a compliment, often one that is politely flattering: a complimentary remark.
- given free as a gift or courtesy: a complimentary ticket.
- something given or supplied without charge, as lodging, transportation, or meals, especially as an inducement to prospective customers.
Origin of complimentary
Synonyms for complimentary
Antonyms for complimentary
Examples from the Web for complimentaries
Historical Examples of complimentaries
I dont think we are going to have any complimentaries, replied Pep.
No a dime, he says; but he showed me a bunch of complimentaries and laughed and said hed sell them cheap.
Through some unaccountable oversight, they neglected to specially mark or punch these complimentaries.A Pirate of Parts
- conveying, containing, or resembling a compliment
- expressing praise; flattering
- given free, esp as a courtesy or for publicity purposes