- a general notion or idea; conception.
- an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars; a construct.
- a directly conceived or intuited object of thought.
- functioning as a prototype or model of new product or innovation: a concept car, a concept phone.
- Informal. to develop a concept of; conceive: He concepted and produced three films.
Origin of concept
Related Words for conceptsperception, conception, theory, image, thought, approach, notion, view, impression, abstraction, brainchild, apprehension, slant, supposition, twist, conceit, hypothesis, consideration, wrinkle, conceptualization
Examples from the Web for concepts
Contemporary Examples of concepts
It treats touchscreens and TV programs as just one more way to introduce toddlers to animals, colors, and other concepts.Yes, Your Toddler Can Watch TV: The New Rules for Screen Time
December 26, 2014
We cannot qualify it based on ideological notions or concepts important only at one time in history.Is Pope Francis Backpedaling on Gays?
November 19, 2014
Can the concepts of different religions co-exist within an ever-expanding global population?‘Gods of Suburbia’: Dina Goldstein’s Arresting Photo Series on Religion vs. Consumerism
November 8, 2014
It requires learning to think with contexts and concepts, deploying cooperation and creativity.The Elite American College Pile-On
Michael S. Roth
September 15, 2014
Shrouded in mystery and rationalized with concepts of love and attraction, we rarely apply left brain thinking to the big O.The High Cost of An Orgasm: Is Momentary Pleasure Worth a Lifetime of Regret?
June 28, 2014
Historical Examples of concepts
That applies especially to concepts borrowed of the white men.The Forest
Stewart Edward White
Likewise it may be seen that the forming of concepts depends on judgment.
What concepts have you now which you are aware are very meager?
Have you any concepts which you are working very hard to enrich?
The nature and function of concepts will be discussed in a later chapter.
- an idea, esp an abstract ideathe concepts of biology
- philosophy a general idea or notion that corresponds to some class of entities and that consists of the characteristic or essential features of the class
- the conjunction of all the characteristic features of something
- a theoretical construct within some theory
- a directly intuited object of thought
- the meaning of a predicate
- (modifier) (of a product, esp a car) created as an exercise to demonstrate the technical skills and imagination of the designers, and not intended for mass production or sale
Word Origin for concept
- An abstract idea or notion.
- An explanatory principle in a scientific system.conception