- a candy; sweetmeat.
- a place where confections are kept or made.
- confectionery(def 3).
- pertaining to or of the nature of confections or their production.
Origin of confectionary
Examples from the Web for confectionaries
Historical Examples of confectionaries
And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers.The Government of God
Generally, in cities where there are confectionaries, you can buy sponge cake baked in large thin sheets.
Carriages rolled along laden with confectionaries and flowers.Lady Rosamond's Secret
Rebecca Agatha Armour
- a place where confections are kept or made
- a rare word for confection
- of or characteristic of confections