- Charles, Jr.Pete, 1930–1999, U.S. astronaut.
- JosephTeodor Jozef Konrad Korzeniowski, 1857–1924, English novelist and short-story writer, born in Poland.
- a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “bold” and “counsel.”
- died a.d. 918, king of Germany 911–918.
- c990–1039, king of Germany 1024–39 and emperor of the Holy Roman Empire 1027–39.
- 1093–1152, king of Germany 1138–52; uncrowned emperor of the Holy Roman Empire: founder of the Hohenstaufen dynasty.
- 1228–54, king of Germany 1237–54 and Sicily 1251–54; uncrowned emperor of the Holy Roman Empire (son of Frederick II).
Examples from the Web for conrad
Contemporary Examples of conrad
Conrad, you see, is in an open marriage and enjoys a little submission and a little pain with her sex.
Conrad was at the ob-gyn to check to see if, as the Maryland resident likes to put it, “My cervix is trying to kill me.”
The restaurant is part of the Conrad Rangali Resort, which spans two private islands in the Maldives.The World’s Craziest Underwater Adventures
May 14, 2014
Are Conrad Stern, Cyborg Barry, Nikolai Jakov, and Brett all gone for good?‘Archer’ Creator Adam Reed on the Big Twist and the End of ‘Vice’
April 22, 2014
In 2010, Conrad was named the second highest-paid reality star behind Kim Kardashian.Living Like ‘The Hills’: Kristin Cavallari, Lauren Conrad, and the Phenomenon of Our Current ‘Tastemakers’
March 27, 2014
Historical Examples of conrad
Conrad Malte-Brun, a Danish author and geographer of great merit.
But how good it was of Mr. Conrad to come all that way to see you!
Morning by morning, Doctor Conrad was sent for to see my mother.
Let him say what he likes when Conrad talks about cancer, he knows Death's hand is over him.
"Only Father Donovan and Mrs. Conrad—and baby," she told me.
- Joseph. real name Teodor Josef Konrad Korzeniowski. 1857–1924, British novelist born in Poland, noted for sea stories such as The Nigger of the Narcissus (1897) and Lord Jim (1900) and novels of politics and revolution such as Nostromo (1904) and Under Western Eyes (1911)
Word Origin and History for conrad
masc. proper name, from Old High German Kuonrat, literally "bold in counsel," from kuon "bold" + rat "counsel" (see read (v.)).