- the fur of a rabbit, especially when dyed to simulate Hudson seal.
- the daman or other hyrax of the same genus.
- the pika.
- a rabbit.
- Obsolete. a person who is easily tricked; gull; dupe.
Origin of cony
Related Words for conyrodent, hare, bunny, buck, cony, capon, doe, cuniculus, cottontail, chinchilla, lapin, coney, lagomorph
Examples from the Web for cony
Historical Examples of cony
In such heights man is of no more value than the wolf or the cony.Cavanagh: Forest Ranger
But he clung to the cony and dragged it out of reach beneath a boulder.
The cony is a relative of the rabbit, the squirrel, the beaver, and the prairie dog.
The weasel is the most persistent and effective enemy of the cony.
About all the cony has to do is to find the den and take possession.
- a rabbit or fur made from the skin of a rabbit
- (in the Bible) another name for the hyrax, esp the Syrian rock hyrax
- another name for pika
- archaic a fool or dupe
Word Origin for cony