• synonyms
British Dictionary definitions for creamware


  1. a type of earthenware with a deep cream body developed about 1720 and widely producedSee also Queensware
Show More
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012

Examples from the Web for creamware

Historical Examples

  • Two sherds of creamware plates with wavy edges in the “Catherine” shape reflect the last years of official use of the courthouse.

    The Cultural History of Marlborough, Virginia

    C. Malcolm Watkins