- not straight; bending; curved: a crooked path.
- askew; awry: The picture on the wall seems to be crooked.
- deformed: a man with a crooked back.
- not straightforward; dishonest.
- bent and often raised or moved to one side, as a finger or neck.
- (of a coin) polygonal: a crooked sixpence.
Origin of crooked
Synonyms for crookedSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for crookedlyoff-center, awry, maliciously, askance, bent, cockeyed, curved, knotted, lopsided, oblique, obliquely, slanting, twisted, zigzag, askant, aslant, catawampus, crookedly, turned
Examples from the Web for crookedly
Historical Examples of crookedly
All he cares for is the excitement of big things he can get at crookedly.The La Chance Mine Mystery
Susan Carleton Jones
“They get life so crookedly from servants and such,” he added.The Cricket
I never saw a cord of wood piled so crookedly before in my life.Peggy Owen Patriot
Lucy Foster Madison
I wonder that, when the twig is so ruthlessly and persistently bent, the tree should reach up ever so crookedly towards heaven.A New Atmosphere
These were mainly the resolutions to which his long meditation had now crookedly and clumsily conducted him.Hide and Seek
- bent, angled or winding
- set at an angle; not straight
- deformed or contorted
- informal dishonest or illegal
- crooked on (also krʊkt) Australian informal hostile or averse to