- land belonging to the crown, the revenue of which goes to the reigning sovereign.
- Also crown·land. one of the administrative divisions of the former empire of Austria-Hungary.
Origin of crown land
Examples from the Web for crownland
Historical Examples of crownland
Lussinpiccolo is a town on an island belonging to the Crownland of Istria.
The name was revived by the constitution of 1861, which established the crownland of Grz and Gradisca.
Another force penetrated further to the north in the Crownland of Goritz and Gradisca.
- a large administrative division of the former empire of Austria-Hungary
- (in the United Kingdom) land belonging to the Crown
- public land in some dominions of the Commonwealth