- to stamp the date on, as with a date stamp: He date-stamped every letter received.
Origin of date-stamp
- a device for stamping dates and frequently the place of origin or receipt, as on postal matter.
- the information stamped by this device.
Origin of date stamp
Examples from the Web for date-stamp
Historical Examples of date-stamp
The date-stamp likewise showed that it must have been posted in London.David Elginbrod
Things must be very wrong when they could get hold of a date-stamp and use it in that way.
And they got hold of some young man at the post-office who knew how to fix a date-stamp with a past date.
- an adjustable rubber stamp for recording the date
- an inked impression made by this