[ dee-gou-ser ]
/ diˈgaʊ sər /


something that degausses.
a device, especially one used in filmmaking, that can erase a whole roll of magfilm, audiotape, etc., so that it can be used again.


Can You Remember Your Favorite Words Of The Day From March?
Even if you’re a habitué of Word of the Day, you haven’t seen our March words in these ways! Challenge yourself to our comprehensive quiz!
Question 1 of 15
What does "habitué" mean?

Origin of degausser Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2020