noun, plural de·liv·er·ies.
Origin of delivery
noun plural -eries
- the act of delivering or distributing goods, mail, etc
- something that is delivered
- (as modifier)a delivery service
- the act or manner of bowling or throwing a ball
- the ball so delivereda fast delivery
early 15c., "action of handing over to another," from Anglo-French delivrée, noun use of fem. past participle of Old French délivrer (see deliver). Childbirth sense is attested from 1570s. Of speech, from 1580s. Of a blow, throw of a ball, etc., from 1702.