- a place of residence; abode; house or home.
- Law. a permanent legal residence.
- to establish in a domicile.
Origin of domicile
Related Words for domicileabode, apartment, dwelling, dump, residence, habitation, rack, joint, pad, condominium, house, mansion, home, castle, settlement, accommodation, roost, condo, co-op, residency
Examples from the Web for domicile
Historical Examples of domicile
People went in and came out, just as if it had been the domicile of no ghost.
"Your future domicile," said Vagualame, showing the van to the bewildered Bobinette.
We will not trouble about his domicile, the Place will tell us that!
Altogether, the Member is to be congratulated on his domicile.Brighter Britain! (Volume 1 of 2)
William Delisle Hay
I do not know, but as soon as I can discover her name and domicile, I propose to propose.Chit-Chat; Nirvana; The Searchlight
Mathew Joseph Holt
- a dwelling place
- a permanent legal residence
- British commerce the place where a bill of exchange is to be paid
- to establish or be established in a dwelling place