- of two tones or colors.
- a picture in two tones or colors.
- a method of printing an illustration either in a dark and a tinted shade of the same color or in two different colors from two plates of a monochrome original made from negatives at different screen angles.
- an illustration printed by this method.
Origin of duotone
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for duotone
Beautiful results are obtained in two colors by the "duograph" or "duotone" processes, the plates being made for two printings.The Building of a Book
- a process for producing halftone illustrations using two shades of a single colour or black and a colour
- a picture produced by this process