- of or relating to electronics or to devices, circuits, or systems developed through electronics.
- of or relating to electrons or to an electron.
- (of a musical instrument) using electric or electronic means to produce or modify the sound.
- of, relating to, or controlled by computers or computerized systems: electronic voting; an electronic document.
- of or noting computerized products, services, or technologies: electronic banking.
Origin of electronic
Examples from the Web for electronically
Contemporary Examples of electronically
Electronically, the brain center of the 777 is in its Airplane Information Management System, AIMS, in the electronics bay.How Flight 370 Could Have Become a Zombie
March 19, 2014
Electronically, that machine is the equivalent of an early transistor radio.Your iPod (Most Likely) Won’t Bring Down the Plane
October 31, 2013
By the time Dutschke got arrested in January, the two pretty much hated each other electronically.Paul Kevin Curtis and J. Everett Dutschke: Epic Feud and Ricin Letters
April 25, 2013
And please, buy the book here (it's available traditionally and electronically).Q & A with Michael Sandel: From Market Economy to Market Society
July 3, 2012
Not in person, but Chris and I had electronically met and exchanged emails.Tribeca's Harrowing Film About War Photographers
April 22, 2011
Historical Examples of electronically
The two readings were electronically added and fed into the transducer for automatic transmission.The Thirst Quenchers
The watchbird's electronically fast reflexes picked up the edge of a sensation.Watchbird
The pin-sets in turn were electronically geared into small dirigible light bombs.The Game of Rat and Dragon
TN: To assure a high quality text, the original was typed in (manually) twice and electronically compared.A New Voyage to Carolina
- of, concerned with, using, or operated by devices in which electrons are conducted through a semiconductor, free space, or gas
- of or concerned with electronics
- of or concerned with electrons or an electronan electronic energy level in a molecule
- involving or concerned with the representation, storage, or transmission of information by electronic systemselectronic mail; electronic shopping
Word Origin and History for electronically
- Relating to electrical devices that amplify and process electrical signals. Audio amplifiers, radios, and digital circuitry are electronic devices.♦ The scientific study of the behavior and design of electronic devices and circuits is called electronics. Compare electric.