- of or relating to electronics or to devices, circuits, or systems developed through electronics.
- of or relating to electrons or to an electron.
- (of a musical instrument) using electric or electronic means to produce or modify the sound.
- of, relating to, or controlled by computers or computerized systems: electronic voting; an electronic document.
- of or noting computerized products, services, or technologies: electronic banking.
Origin of electronic
Examples from the Web for electronic
Contemporary Examples of electronic
After the captain made the call to abandon ship, 150 people were able to escape on lifeboats lowered by electronic arms.‘We’re Going to Die’: Survivors Recount Greek Ferry Fire Horror
Barbie Latza Nadeau
December 29, 2014
Privacy advocates such as the Electronic Frontier Foundation say everyone should use it.The Attack on the Hidden Internet
December 29, 2014
Its core information—materials, processes, electronic tricks, and RCS numbers—needs to be protected.How the Pentagon Strangles Its Most Advanced Stealth Warplanes
October 13, 2014
Otherwise, I love dismantling old computers or electronic devices and try to make them work.Vilified Bitcoin Tycoon After Losing $500 Million: My Life Is at Risk
September 17, 2014
In the quasi religious world of EDM (electronic dance music), Avicii is on par with God himself.Don't Blame Avicii For His Druggy Tour
June 27, 2014
Historical Examples of electronic
With the result that, late in 2007, Pol-Anx had an electronic servo-tracer.Zero Data
I tried the electronic engines from the stern, setting them in the reverse.
Lane waited for the electronic brain to come up with the answer.Mutineer
Robert J. Shea
The Cometara was equipped also with tail-streamers of electronic nature.
I was examining an electronic bolt, when suddenly there came Snap's call.
- of, concerned with, using, or operated by devices in which electrons are conducted through a semiconductor, free space, or gas
- of or concerned with electronics
- of or concerned with electrons or an electronan electronic energy level in a molecule
- involving or concerned with the representation, storage, or transmission of information by electronic systemselectronic mail; electronic shopping
Word Origin and History for electronic
- Relating to electrical devices that amplify and process electrical signals. Audio amplifiers, radios, and digital circuitry are electronic devices.♦ The scientific study of the behavior and design of electronic devices and circuits is called electronics. Compare electric.