- to plate or coat with a metal by electrolysis.
- electroplated articles or ware.
Origin of electroplate
Related Words for electroplatelayer, scale, enamel, overlay, laminate, cover, flake, gild, foil, face, stratify, silver, bronze, platinize, nickel, anodize, chrome, encrust, electroplate
Examples from the Web for electroplate
Historical Examples of electroplate
The silver teapot was oneit was real silver, not electroplate.The Girls of St. Wode's
L. T. Meade
A metallic surface which it is intended to electroplate must, as has been mentioned, be scrupulously clean.On Laboratory Arts
These numerous little holes present a difficult surface for making a good wax mold when an electroplate is made for printing.Type
A. A. Stewart
- (tr) to plate (an object) by electrolysis
- electroplated articles collectively, esp when plated with silver
- coated with metal by electrolysis; electroplated