- to plate or coat with a metal by electrolysis.
- electroplated articles or ware.
Origin of electroplate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for electroplate
The silver teapot was oneit was real silver, not electroplate.The Girls of St. Wode's
L. T. Meade
A metallic surface which it is intended to electroplate must, as has been mentioned, be scrupulously clean.On Laboratory Arts
These numerous little holes present a difficult surface for making a good wax mold when an electroplate is made for printing.Type
A. A. Stewart
- (tr) to plate (an object) by electrolysis
- electroplated articles collectively, esp when plated with silver
- coated with metal by electrolysis; electroplated