- to make into an act or statute: Congress has enacted a new tax law.
- to represent on or as on the stage; act the part of: to enact Hamlet.
Origin of enact
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to make into an act or statute
- to establish by law; ordain or decree
- to represent or perform in or as if in a play; to act out
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper