- an existing or real thing; an entity.
Origin of ens
- the letter N, n.
- Also called nut. Printing. half of the width of an em.
- Printing. having the area of an en quad or the length of an en: en quad; en dash.
Origin of en
Examples from the Web for ens
Historical Examples of ens
That Ens Realissimum, synthesis of monster and superman, surnamed Napoleon!Philosophy and The Social Problem
To be cogitated is no more an attribute of Ens than of Non-Ens.
Motion is different from Ens — in other words, it is Non-Ens.
It is not an ens per se, but a product of external influences.The Philosophy of Natural Theology
Every being (ens) that in any manner (quocumque modo) is, is from God.The Mediaeval Mind (Volume II of II)
Henry Osborn Taylor
- being or existence in the most general abstract sense
- a real thing, esp as opposed to an attribute; entity
Word Origin for ens
- enrolled nurse
- English Nature
- printing a unit of measurement, half the width of an emAlso called: nut See also ennage