- pertaining to or of the nature of an episode.
- divided into separate or tenuously related parts or sections; loosely connected: an episodic novel.
- occurring sporadically or incidentally.
Origin of episodic
SynonymsSee more synonyms for episodic on Thesaurus.com
2. rambling, wandering, digressive.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for episodical
A story should be progressive, not digressive and episodical.How to Write a Novel
Two of the episodical poems deal with his contests with the giants.The Edda, Vol. 1
But this is episodical to the subject—a subject still requiring the notice of a very important phenomenon.The Ethnology of the British Colonies and Dependencies
Robert Gordon Latham
The whole act, a very long one, may be boldly attributed to him, with the exception of one episodical scene.A Letter on Shakspere's Authorship of The Two Noble Kinsmen
Documents and episodical details, which would have encumbered the text, are appended to the respective volumes.Memoirs of the Dukes of Urbino, Volume I (of 3)
- resembling or relating to an episode
- divided into or composed of episodes
- irregular, occasional, or sporadic
Word Origin and History for episodical
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper