- the sexual or erotic quality or character of something.
- the use of sexually arousing or suggestive symbolism, settings, allusions, situations, etc., in art, literature, drama, or the like.
- the condition of being sexually aroused or excited.
- sexual drive or tendency.
- an abnormally persistent sexual drive.
Also er·o·tism [er-uh-tiz-uh m] /ˈɛr əˌtɪz əm/.
Origin of eroticism
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- erotic quality or nature
- the use of sexually arousing or pleasing symbolism in literature or art
- sexual excitement or desire
- a tendency to exalt sex
- psychol an overt display of sexual behaviour
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for eroticist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Sexual excitement.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.