- a person or thing that excites.
- Electricity. an auxiliary generator that supplies energy for the excitation of another electric machine.
Origin of exciter
Examples from the Web for exciter
Historical Examples of exciter
Usually a separate "exciter" is used, which is a small direct current generator.
The current from this exciter is fed into the rotating field by means of slip rings.
All those fine first feelings, of which he had hoped to be the exciter, were already given.Mansfield Park
The two exciter engines are each direct connected to a 250 kilowatt direct current generator.The New York Subway
Apparently, the only thing wrong with it was the exciter circuit leads, which had been sheared off by a bit of flying metal.The Measure of a Man
- a person or thing that excites
- a small generator that excites a larger machine
- an oscillator producing a transmitter's carrier wave