- the quality of being expedient; advantageousness; advisability.
- a regard for what is politic or advantageous rather than for what is right or just; a sense of self-interest.
- something expedient.
Origin of expediency
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for expediences
Indeed, they are the results of various necessities and expediences.
- appropriateness; suitability
- the use of or inclination towards methods that are advantageous rather than fair or just
- another word for expedient (def. 3)