- outside the regular curriculum or program of courses: football, orchestra, and other extracurricular activities.
- outside one's regular work, responsibilities, or routine.
- Informal. outside the conventional bounds of propriety or ethics: Does his wife know he has an extracurricular girlfriend?
Origin of extracurricular
Related Words for extra-curricularillicit, cheating, extracurricular, immoral, speedy, two-faced, two-timing, unchaste, moonlighting
Examples from the Web for extra-curricular
Contemporary Examples of extra-curricular
The list of extra-curricular activities offered to children includes ballet, sport, music, drama, French and animal care.Where Will Kate Middleton and Prince William Send Their Kid to School?
December 4, 2012
Historical Examples of extra-curricular
Though afternoon farmwork occupied most of the pupils' spare time, some extra-curricular activities were also offered.Frying Pan Farm
Elizabeth Brown Pryor
- taking place outside the normal school timetableextracurricular activities
- beyond the regular duties, schedule, etc